Friday, 27 August 2010

27th August, Interview with Fixxa

Hiya Oli, a.k.a Fixxa. The normal stuff first. Age, from etc?

I am a 16 year old from Stroud, a fairly small town in Gloucestershire (UK).

Okay, I heard about you thanks to Cypriot Vibez and your EP together(check out my review here ). Give us some words about how the idea started!

I added CV on MSN and decided to collab with him, we had a fairly similar style of music. I sent him a half finished song and it worked out great, that spawned Magic Rock. We basically just made a load of collabs and decided that we should make enough for a summer EP, and over a period of about 6 months we created Rays. It seems to be doing pretty good!

Main influences?

Main influences... The weather! Different weather affects the music I make alot. Each weather has it's own vibe. For instance it's raining now, so if I made a tune, it'd be dark and deep.

Musically, I listen to alot that isn't Dubstep. I think people forget to do this - there's more music out there. I love the more ambient artists, Brian Eno, Boards of Canada, Oneohtrix Point Never, a load. That's who inspires me musically. Production wise? Benga, The Others, Noisia, Mala, Aphex Twin, Distance and so on.

Aight, in what way do they influence your music?

It's just the way they work. As in it'll make me think - why on earth did they decide to do that? Or, That's an amazing idea, why didn't I think of that?

Describe your music.

A varied contrast of emotion, filth and hype.

I don't really know, I'd say my music is not really that consistent, unlike Cypriot Vibez. Not because I like to vary things, just because they turn out that way lol!

That should be it, thanks Fixxa!

Link to his youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment