Saturday, 14 August 2010

14th August

So you might have noticed that I have a new banner, digging it? Props to Janu, I appreciate it. Check out more of her work here!


Lets start. I'm gonna do something that I've never done before, and that's a album review. It's a EP by Fixxa ft. Cypriot Vibez. And it's free! Download it here!

1. The opener for this EP is Candy, remixed into dubstep! I'm digging the intro, and the wobble. But overall it's an okay song, but it gets a bit boring in the end! The voice is also really cool, but it too gets boring! 3 out of 5.

2. Next song is called Cotching, and I'm liking the intro a lot this time but then the wobble starts. It just gets a bit boring. I do really really like the parts when Cypriot (I think it is him) sings! At about 2.20, they mix the two types in the song and that was a good move! That's how it should have been. Something terrible(in my opinion) happens at 2.50 or something. Not digging that part at all. This song should have been shorter. It's just, some really good parts and a lot of bad parts. 3 out of 5, this song has potential but it didn't really make it.

3. Next is remix by Fixxa. It's a Peugeot advert, remixed into awesomeness. The intro is bit weird, but after that. When the wobble kicks in, BRILLIANT. The voice is bit weird, but it's still good. This is a really really good track. Excellent wobble and excellent song. Okay, the voice is a bit overdone, but the outro is good too! 4½ out of 5, great tune. My favorite out of the EP.

4. After that it's a tune called Headbutting Rhinos. Hmm, I don't really know what to think about this track, but it's okay. The keys are great, but I'm a bit unsure if it actually is synth. Okay wobbles again. The only bad thing about this tune is that it's too long. It could have been shorter, in my opinion. 3½ out of 5.

5. Next is a preview of some sort. Track is called Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Interesting intro, a bit dark and mysterious. Wobble is a bit different then the rest of the wobbles in the EP but it's okay. Don't know what to say about this song since it's a preview, because I want to hear the real version of it!

6. Last, is Magic Rock. Good intro. That boy was funny too! And the wobbles are good! Really smooth, and it's cooperating with the rest of the song really well! This was a good song. It wasn't too long nor too short, which made the song a bit more exciting! 4 out of 5.


Overall, it's an okay EP. 3½ out of 5. It's worth a shot thou, can't go wrong with free!

No comments:

Post a Comment